MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Access denied automajically recovered after a night
Posted by: Chiayuan Tan
Date: September 24, 2014 02:57PM

Hi,
I've seen this happened on my Amazon EC2 instance from Amazon's Linux AMI(I've also posted same problem on Amazon forum but no answer), so just wondering if anybody here could point me to some direction: My mysql access(both root and non-root) were suddenly denied(with both password yes and no) after I alter some table without stopping tomcat7(but i stopped mysqld). When I first saw this problem, I googled and tried --skip-grant-tables in start script of mysql but always got 0 rows affected after flush privilege, and always still not able to log in. So the only way I could fix this problem right away was to remove /var/lib/mysql and run mysqladmin to set user and password from scratch. But recently when I had same problem, I didn't fix it right away but worked on something else instead, and I was surprised 2 times when I came back to this problem and found I could log in without problem. So is there anyone here had same experience that can show me some MySQL knowledge that I don't have to understand my problem better? THANKS!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Access denied automajically recovered after a night
September 24, 2014 02:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.