MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Partitioning or Not Partitioning?
Posted by: Manuel Gentili
Date: November 07, 2014 02:07AM

Hi,

thank you for your answer! now I try to explain the situation.

I must di some query, but I don't know how many. The query will be made from the customer that use the control panel, so he will see a kind of misure or also a graphic that show some misure in a period, for example the last 3 months and so on.

The server use a raid sistem (I don't know the raid version), no SSD, will be a Dell or HP server with 32 or more GB of RAM.

Yeasterday I study another time the situation and I think about a solutio... I Try to explain:

The query will be for a single customer (no comparison between two or more customer), so I can do a table for every customer (for example). I know that it will produce about 1000 or 2000 table, but I think that for a security risk is better than 1 only table (If I have a problem with one customer I have the possibility to continue with other 1999 I think). Also, in the customer single table, I can use partitioning by date (for example), and if it's necessary, every year I can archive the table and proceed to another empty table...

In this case I have a lot of table but

How do you think about?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Partitioning or Not Partitioning?
November 07, 2014 02:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.