MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: My posts are not been published
Posted by: Dean Richert
Date: November 15, 2014 03:56AM

Here is my post, please make it into a thread:

I want to support pretty much every major language in all of my tables. What should my database’s charset and collation be?

Example languages I need to support: english, chinese, japanese, russian, korean, german, french, dutch, spanish, swahili, and many more.

I’ve read the docs but I do not know which char set and collation I should choose.

I have also read that there may be a problem with some collations because something like value may be equivalent to valúe. This issue is also referenced in the official docs.

If I want to support the languages mentioned above, and also choose a collation that allows u to be equivalent to ú (just an example, I don’t know if they would really be equivalent; I do not have great knowledge of collations)), what charset and collation should I choose

And if I wanted to support the languages above but NOT allow u to be equivalent to ú, which charset and collation should I choose?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: My posts are not been published
November 15, 2014 03:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.