MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

How to use MySql to analyse business performance
Posted by: Mohit Madaan
Date: November 23, 2014 07:12AM

I am totally new to MySql and do not have any working knowledge of the language. Here is what i am trying to accomplis:

As a small business owner i have consumer database of entire country and each consumer has hundreds of feilds such as their credit score, income, number of kids etc. For our business, we send thousands of mail peaces every day and we get hundreds of calls back. The goal is to see which set of consumers are calling back and send more mail to similar consumers.
Example - Population of california is 10 million and we sent out a mail peace to everyone, we got 100,000 calls from these mail peaces. Now, out of 100,000 10k have credit score A (750+) 17k has B (600-750) rest all has c (<600).
If we get this kind of report as to which feilds are calling us back, next mail peace can be sent only to C credit because 73% of the response came from them.

This is an absolute basic of the example and what we are trying to accomplish is way complicated.

Can some one direct me to the right direction on what is the best way to do this? Should we hire some one part time? Is it easy to learn for a basic tech savy person?

Thanks alot in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to use MySql to analyse business performance
November 23, 2014 07:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.