MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL DBA learning
Posted by: Sree R
Date: December 17, 2014 02:28PM

Hello Experts,
I would like to learn DBA concepts in mysql world and need your suggestions on where to start at. I am a SQL Server DBA and have basic knowledge in Oracle as well and am willing to get my hands dirty on mysql DBA area with practical knowledge. For that I've tried downloading mysql community edition for setting up my lab, but I really didn't found much I could do besides creating/droppin databases and writing SQL statements. I would like to setup replication, Backup/restore databases, play with user security, explore replication in depth, Monitor server/DB performance etc. After a little research, I see something called mysql Enterprise edition. Can I download enterprise edition for free(just for learning purposes) without any licensing issues? I know oracle enterprise edition can be downloaded and used as long as the purpose is just "learning". In SQL Server, we have something called "EVAL" which is bascailly enterprise edition which is good for 6 months. It lets us to explore all the enterprise features.
Can you please guide me where should I start at to get hands on experience with advanced mysql administration tasks? Any training/tutorials which you guys would recommend?
Thanks in advance guys!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL DBA learning
December 17, 2014 02:28PM
December 19, 2014 03:30PM
December 19, 2014 03:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.