MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Cannot get ENUM to work,
Posted by: ron curington
Date: February 07, 2015 03:15PM

First let me say thanks to everyone who replied to my question. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I did finally get it working and I’m guessing I quite accidentally stumbled on the real culprit which I think may have been the Microsoft issue. I long ago developed the habit of composing things in “Word” mostly for the spellchecking and other error checking.
After reading through Jonathan’s post I went through my configuration and re-entered it a couple more times. This time making note of the errors I was getting also I noticed that in one instance I was entering ‘yes’ as the default but the error was reporting it as “’yes’” So the next attempt I entered it as yes no quotes and it showed ‘yes’ in the SQL statement, hmmm, maybe? No error, it processed without a problem.

Also on one of my last attempts it was throwing an error on the “Length / Value” box:…
‘Guest’,’User’,’Manager’,’Admin’,’Qwner’
Cut & Paste would not work on this. In fact I was editing a version that was already working. I had copied the text from the entry form in phpmyadmin into a Word document and then pasted it back into the phpmyadmin form and it quit working. Complaining of a syntax. However when I hand typed it into the form, miraculously it worked beautifully. Smooth as you could ask for.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
February 06, 2015 03:21PM
Re: Cannot get ENUM to work,
February 07, 2015 03:15PM
February 07, 2015 04:30PM
February 07, 2015 01:13PM
February 07, 2015 01:38PM
February 09, 2015 07:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.