MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

error in your SQL syntax (hey, it isn't mine)
Posted by: Leslie Martin
Date: February 26, 2015 01:40PM

I have been tasked with upgrading the website that is running Joomla. I know nothing about Joomla and I am certainly NOT an expert in MySQL. We are trying to install the current version (Joomla 3.3.6). The hosting company has MySQL v5.1.59 installed against a v5.1+ requirement. So we meet the minimum. But every time I run the Joomla install, I get the following message:

--
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1SET SQL_MODE = "NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO"' at line 1 SQL=1SET SQL_MODE = "NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO"
--

I deleted the database thinking there might have been some problem with the database and tried again. I got the same result. I have tried both the MySQL and the MySQLi options with no change in result.

Anyone else encountered this with Joomla? Anyone got an explanation -- and more importantly, a solution?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
error in your SQL syntax (hey, it isn't mine)
February 26, 2015 01:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.