MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

SQL Fresher!
Posted by: Bobby Brown
Date: March 17, 2015 06:31AM

Hi,

I'm an SQL fresher. I've become the webmaster for a small club that i belong to. Somewhere along the lines of the club, details have been lost, there has been very little in terms of information passed down from previous webmasters and so i'm a little unsure about certain things.

Our phpbb3 forum uses MySQL(i) 5.1.56 for its database. How do i go about finding details about it? I'd like to see the various settings and i'd also like to see how large the database can get before actions have to be made. I see that it can be as large what the operating system will allow but i also read that there is row and column limitations.

Also, recently one of our moderators have deleted a load of topics that they shouldn't have done. I'd like to retrieve the topics from a backup and import them in to the current database but i'm not sure how this can be done.

May someone help me with my various quires please?
Bobby

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
SQL Fresher!
March 17, 2015 06:31AM
March 18, 2015 10:46PM
March 19, 2015 11:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.