Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Sakila giving some strange results
Posted by: Saleem Hasan
Date: April 08, 2015 11:18PM

Peter Brawley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Arguably, for clarity, city.city should be named
> city.city_name, and neither Canadian provinces nor
> England ought to be called 'districts'...

If it were up to me, I would put England as a country and not use United Kingdom at all. Scotland, Wales would also appear as countries and not as 'district' even though they are a part of the United Kingdon. I would enter counties? such as Yorkshire, Sussex, etc under districts. Doing it this way will also help to narrow down the location. This would also help with entering data for a group like the United Arab Emirates (UAE) each of which is a country in its own right.

As long as the 'district' is an area within a country, I think it will be fine. Usually, the area of a district is smaller than that of a province or a state. It is more like a county or parish. However, in spite of the difference in size, they all define areas within a country. Using this definition of "district', we will not find countries being entered as districts.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.