MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Inodb table now myisam after reinstall on upgraded w10
Posted by: Ron Nuberg
Date: August 31, 2015 08:44AM

Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro, removed my WAMP installation and other software.
Reinstalled WAMP, adjusted root password, added extra users and set innodb_file_per_table=1;
Now when I browse my tables using phpmyadmin, some tables I can see the data, but some say table not found, while when I look in the folder the old database files are still there.
Within phpmyadmin i see that the tables which give an error are now myisam, while i know for sure that I created them as inodb. the data that is shown where myisam before!
On my laptop which still runs windows 7 and where I have a copy of the tables they are also inodb.
With Dbase II and III, I knew which bytes of a file made up the database definitions, also Ingres database files, I once knew how to create them from my software. But reading and searching the web I am unable to find how mysql determines if a file is myisam or inodb or even better how to change the incorrect system table information from myisam to inodb?

Thanks

Ron

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.