MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Inodb table now myisam after reinstall on upgraded w10
Posted by: Peter Brawley
Date: September 01, 2015 12:50PM

> maybe I must add that myphpadmin, shows al tables with the left treeview, but only the myisam files are shown within the structure menu.

Unless you wish to study phpMyAdmin code, that's not conclusively determinable. For data problems like this, you need to minimise the software that's between you and the data, ie remove all the assumptions such software makes from your view of the problem. So, use the mysql client.

> I do not understand why FRM, MYD and MYI files are recocnised and opened after a new install and InnoDB files not!

Again likely because in the previous installation, my.ini specified innodb data files to be elsewhere, but apparently the Win10 upgrade and/or the MySQL reinstallation overwrote that file. It's an excellent but sad example of why MySQL's practice of defaulting my.ini location to the installation folder is terrible.

So, you need to find the old innodb data files if the Win10 upgrade spared them, which is why I suggested you search for them.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.