MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Missing MYSQL Database Upon New Installation
Posted by: Roddy Stegemann
Date: September 07, 2015 06:56PM

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thank you for responding. That certain users can see certain things that differ according to the user is already helpful information.

RESPONSE: Let us be clear about certain things:

1) I did not log in as an anonymous user, I logged in as an account administrator -- namely, the same user with owner/group permissions of the ./mysql/data folder. My permissions to this folder differ from all others in the base directory.

2) I am running MySQL 5.6.26 in MacOS 10.10.5.

3) I logged in with ./bin/mysqld_safe --user=[aforementioned owner] & and was able to shutdown with ./bin/mysqladmin -u root shutdown

4) Using the mysql_safe command (see item 3) is what allowed me to see the two databases called information_schema and test.

DISCUSSION: IT appears that I can successfully start the server by entering the following command, but after it is entered I lose all control of the server and have to restart my machine to get it back.

./bin/mysqld_safe --user=root &

QUESTION: Can you tell me THE correct way to start the server as root?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.