MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Remote mysql database crashes under moderate load
Posted by: Andy Lamar
Date: February 04, 2016 03:51PM

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

If I have mysql on localhost we have issues once we get to around 9k users (server has 64GB ram)

So we ordered a server with 128GB RAM and moved mysql to this server, now when It gets to around 5k users it seems to drop a few hundred users and give this error on web application

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on '10.1.1.1' (111) in /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php on line 84 Warning: mysqli_autocommit() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php on line 86 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'MysqlException' with message 'Connect Error (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on '10.1.1.1' (111)' in /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php:89 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php(55): Mysql->getConnection('10.1.1.1', 'stalker', '1', 'stalker_db') #1 /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php(64): Mysql->getConnectionForWrite() #2 /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php(140): Mysql->getConnectionForRead() #3 /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/admin.class.php(52): Mysql->from('administrators') #4 /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/administrator/login.php(10): Admin::checkAuthorization('******', '*****') #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/stalker_portal-4.8.79/server/lib/mysql.class.php on line 89

Then after I refresh a couple of times it will come back, but It never gets past 6k users, when I move back to mysql on localhost this does not happen.

Any clue what can be causing this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Remote mysql database crashes under moderate load
February 04, 2016 03:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.