Hi. I have a table "info":

id, int, index
path, varchar(200)

and a table "media":

fileid, int, index
parent, int (relates to id in info)
filename, varchar(80)
added, datetime

I made a media catalog intranet site to keep track of all the stuff I watch. I wanted to have a "recently added media" page at the beginning. Originally, I did:

SELECT id,path,filename,added FROM media m INNER JOIN info i ON m.parent = i.id ORDER BY fileid DESC LIMIT 10

This worked fine. However, I noticed that when I imported a whole season of something it totally blew everything else off the recent list so I wanted to change it to "recently updated folders". I did this first:

SELECT DISTINCT(path) FROM media m INNER JOIN info i ON m.parent = i.id ORDER BY fileid DESC LIMIT 10

It worked great. I then wanted to have the date of the last file added in the results, and that's where the wheels came off my wagon lol. I would need the info field "path" to show what folder was updated and the field "id" to use to get the media records so I did:

SELECT DISTINCT(id) AS newid,(SELECT path FROM info WHERE id = newid) AS path FROM media m INNER JOIN info i ON m.parent = i.id ORDER BY fileid DESC LIMIT 10

That worked fine so I took it one step further:

SELECT DISTINCT(id) AS newid,(SELECT path FROM info WHERE id = newid) AS path,(SELECT added FROM media WHERE parent = newid ORDER BY fileid DESC LIMIT 1) AS added FROM media m INNER JOIN info i ON m.parent = i.id ORDER BY fileid DESC LIMIT 10

This just hangs. I let the query work for like 15 seconds before I aborted it.

What would be the right way to get back the path from info and the latest file added value from media for said info record? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Query question
February 06, 2016 12:17PM
February 06, 2016 07:00PM
February 12, 2016 05:59AM
February 12, 2016 03:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.