MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Need help with importing data
Posted by: Jen DeNoble
Date: February 09, 2016 08:10AM

I'm fairly new to MySQL and have been tasked with exporting data from an Access database to MySQL. Prior to this, I had made a test database, using a test .xml file, just to see how it worked. I managed to successfully import the data from the .xml file without much issue. I moved on to import data from the Access database (again using an .xml file), but I'm having an issue in which ALL the data is getting dumped under the first field. I took a look at the .xml file, and I noticed the formatting is a bit different from the test .xml file I used. Since editing formatting every time I want to import isn't really efficient, and since Access should be creating compatible files anyway, does anyone have any clue as to what might be going wrong and preventing MySQL from properly putting data under the correct fields?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need help with importing data
February 09, 2016 08:10AM
February 16, 2016 06:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.