MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Setting up database on local network
Posted by: M Orsi
Date: March 30, 2016 03:26PM

Hi, I'm looking for some help please but I am not particularly knowledgable with computer programming.

I use a MySql based practice management database in my vet clinic. It is installed on a laptop in reception. This is on a network with a notebook in my consulting room using wireless LAN. Both computers have windows XP and both have the database program installed but the consulting room computer will not run the program without the reception computer on, as it connects to the reception database automatically when I log in. This was set up a few years ago and has worked fine since.

I am now looking to replace both laptops and have installed MySql server and the database program on both new computers (windows 8.1) and on each it works fine. I have set both computers on the same wireless network, but I can't work out how to make them both access the same database at the same time. e.g. I need to be able to price up a procedure or write clinical notes in my consulting room and that information appear on the reception computer, and for reception to put an appointment on the system and it appear on my consulting room computer.

I can't remember how I did this when I first installed the system. I would appreciate any advice on making this work, as simple as possible please!

Many thanks, Mick

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Setting up database on local network
March 30, 2016 03:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.