MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL multi-core issue
Posted by: Ennio Annio
Date: April 21, 2016 04:42AM

Hi all,
I'm experiencing performance issues with a db hosted on a vm: the mysql service does not commit more than 25% of the cpu.
Doing research on the web and in this forum I realized that mysql uses only one of the four available cores because it is not designed to use more (at least my version 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4).
I know that at some point in development of mysql multi-core has become supported, in fact, the latest versions have no such problems.
I need to know what is the first version that stably supports multi-core in order to update mysql to that version. And maybe if any of you would give me tips on the correct procedure to follow I would be glad.

Before lifting the usual objections I add this:

I know that the version I'm using is very old and it probably will be the first version that supports multi-core, but I do not want to upgrade to the latest version because I do not need it: mine is a closed environment, the software that interfaces with db is very old, and finally I would not make too much of version jumps: I think I understand that is better to upgrade to a major release version, and then move on to the next until the desired version.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL multi-core issue
April 21, 2016 04:42AM
April 21, 2016 09:49AM
April 22, 2016 06:06PM
April 26, 2016 09:16AM
April 26, 2016 01:51PM
April 26, 2016 11:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.