MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MYSQL 5.7.13 connection - Getting Started
Posted by: Warwick Oldham
Date: June 06, 2016 04:07AM

Hi there,

I'm trying out MYSQL community ed for the first time with the plan to migrate from another db.

I've installed MYSQL 5.7.13 on Debian Jessie successfully. On the same server I've installed workbench 6.2.3 because I could not find v6.3.6 in the repos. Is 6.2.3 workbench compatible with MYSQL 5.7.13 (which could be my problem)?

My connection issues:
1) I can login as root account successfully on the server via workbench 6.2.3.
- I'm thinking my first step from here is to add another user account. When I try this I get the error Unhandled Exception: invalid value of 'column Label'.
- The existing accounts including root, have all options greyed out.
- I cannot create or edit user accounts when connected to the MYSQL server via workbench. Is this a clue to the issue at hand?

2) On a PC on the same LAN running windows 10 I've installed workbench 6.3.6, created a connection with the correct IP and Port of the server and trying to login at root.

I get a standard error 'Cannot Connect to Database Server'. I'm fairly sure I've entered the connection details correctly. I also disabled the firewall on the client which did not fix the problem. Interesting is another note in the error that says 'MySQL rights define what clients can connect to the server and from which machine'. I suspect I may need to setup a permission on the server side...
- I also installed the ODBC driver on the client and tried configuring that for the server but I wor't connect either.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot a new installation appreciated for both points 1) and 2).

Cheers,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MYSQL 5.7.13 connection - Getting Started
June 06, 2016 04:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.