MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Newbie create/configure question
Posted by: Lynn Jennings
Date: August 29, 2016 06:17PM

I got mySQL (server 5.7) downloaded and installed 2 days ago using only the default options. I have spent the last 2 days trying to get the program to do something, e.g., I enter:

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin>mysql_config_editor.exe
and I get a help message that doesn't tell me how I can create/configure a database!

C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin>mysql -u root lmj03
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

mysqluc> create database lmj03
Unknown command: create database lmj03;
mysqluc>

I've tried YouTube videos and googling, but I can't get my installation to look like their installation!

Another tutorial starts by saying "From the MySQL command line, enter the command CREATE DATABASE <DATABASENAME>;. Replace <DATABASENAMEs> with the name of your database" but none my the command windows I've opened prompted for a password so I don't know if I even got a MySQL command line.

Please let me know of a reference that is so basic, I can be sure to create/configure a simple database.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Newbie create/configure question
August 29, 2016 06:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.