MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: help improving 'join' efficiency in sub-querys
Posted by: Penfold Horwood
Date: September 19, 2016 08:49AM

Yes, exactly right.
The desired result would be a table with the results of particular ID's for each column, the problem being that not all questions are related and thus I would need to make a "where" clause and I am not sure if I can name the columns once I have pivoted?

I am not sure what you mean by "apps", I am not sure if this is a viable solution due to limitations within the company (I have access to a restricted number of programming languages and tools unfortunately)

as we have shown, the query can be done however due to the joins within the nested queries, the query takes a long time to run.
I must admit that I am a bit lazy and confused by "joins" such as inner/outer, left/right etc. Would this make a significant boost in speed and/or remove the problem for having a row for every ID with only the ID=335 correctly identified?

I appreciate your support, thank you :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.