Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: Views :: View takes forever to select from - did I miss the point?

Advanced Search

Re: View takes forever to select from - did I miss the point?
Posted by: bingo wings ()
Date: November 19, 2010 09:43AM

Am I just mssing the point of views here??

My understanding of a mysql view was that one you created it - you wouldnt need to run the query again as you would just read a row from the view.

This is just not happening for me, if I run the select for a single persons agregated data it takes a fraction of a second. If after creating the view I run the same but from the view (created frmot he same select) it takes 20 mins.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
View takes forever to select from - did I miss the point? 2326 bingo wings 11/19/2010 04:30AM
Re: View takes forever to select from - did I miss the point? 1175 Devart Team 11/19/2010 09:06AM
Re: View takes forever to select from - did I miss the point? 1169 bingo wings 11/19/2010 09:43AM
Re: View takes forever to select from - did I miss the point? 1117 Erik Haselhofer 11/19/2010 11:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.