Skip navigation links

MySQL Forums :: Views :: View problems when updating to 5.5 from 5.1

Advanced Search

View problems when updating to 5.5 from 5.1
Posted by: Howard Walker ()
Date: January 15, 2013 06:21AM

This may be too advanced for the Newbie forum, but I cannot work out just where it should go.

I just upgraded to version MySQL 5.5 from 5.1. My website uses a view for all its operations in some 80 files. There are 8 files, all linked into this view, which was originally generated by Microsoft Access and moved across into MySQL.

When I look at the view table (and only the view table), I get a message just under the Browse button that reads "#1449 - The user specified as a definer (username@'192.168.0.%) does not exist" The correct username is installed in the user tables, and has full rights as far as I can see, as he is a copy of the root user with a different password. He can access all parts of the system and should be able to do anything (including GRANT). He is the same username and has the same password as the original one, though I believe that version 5.5 uses a different hashing algorythm for passwords.

The database has been exported and imported from 5.1 database into a 5.5.25 database. I have searched chapter 19 on Views, but am sorry to say that it makes little sense at all, and does not seem to cover any changes that may be required due to the update from 5.1. It mentions "definer" in many paragraphs, but does not state how to change or create a definer. The use of a definer was never mentioned in 5.1, or if it was I have never come across it in the 11 years or so that my website has been running, in various versions of MySQL from 4 upwards.
The same problem happens when anyone attempts to access the website, which uses the same username/password combination as the control panel.
So how do I fix this problem?
Maybe you have come across it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
View problems when updating to 5.5 from 5.1 1002 Howard Walker 01/15/2013 06:21AM
Re: View problems when updating to 5.5 from 5.1 503 Peter Brawley 01/15/2013 11:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.