MySQL utf-8 issue with json
Posted by: Mehmet Akif Kardas
Date: October 25, 2016 07:00AM

We were using myOdbc connector to connect our asp pages to database, our database is quite old, we have big table with user records approx. 500k rows. Everything is utf8 and working good. In mysql / phpmyadmin records are shown as ansii chars. For example ελληνικά is the Word, but we see ελληνικά in database. But everything works fine at frontend.

Now we decided to create restful java webservices, and front end with angular/bootstrap. Everything seems fine all utf settings are done, but when we post/get we receive strings as they are in mysql table; we get ελληνικά for this sample, not ελληνικά.

On same server I checked another Project, it is utf, I added some words, but as I see phpymadmin shows them with normal letters. If I post/insert ελληνικά , it is ελληνικά in table and phpmyadmin. What should I do, what is the correct way to handle this issue ? If I insert ελληνικά by hand in phpmyadmin, the old website shows ???????. Which is the best and correct way? I have to change all data to normal letters, how should I do that ? Can mysql handle this ? Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL utf-8 issue with json
October 25, 2016 07:00AM
October 26, 2016 08:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.