Migration toolkit complains about my java
Posted by: Peter Laursen
Date: July 27, 2005 05:15AM

with the latest Migration Toolkit (1.0.11 Beta) program starts an displays the initial program screen - but with an error that reads:

An error occurred during the initialization of the runtime system. Please make sure that you have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 4.1.2 or 5.0 installed.

I have! And I have absolutely no problem with any other JAVA-functionality or java-enabled program or website. The test of my JAVA-installation at www.java.com says everything is OK. Actually I have JRE as well as JDK 1.5.4 installed and works fine everywhere except for MySQL migration tool.

Versions before 1.0.10 of the Migration Tool actually would not start om my machine (crashed seconds after start)

I have no problems either importing (data + metadata) from any other ODBC-source using third-party MySQL-client SQLyog ver 4.1 (but this program does not use java, so ... !)

System is WinXP personal SP2 (with all available updates from Microsoft) Danish version. Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB RAM .. a quite ordinary "consumer" pC 3-4 years old.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migration toolkit complains about my java
July 27, 2005 05:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.