MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Roadmap for partition support of federated tables?
Posted by: Mark Garcia
Date: September 14, 2007 01:33AM

Does anyone have any idea when federated tables will begin supporting partitions on remote tables again? I've seen bug 22451 as closed with the resolution being an update to the documentation stating that federated tables do not support remote table partitions. I also have read in several areas that it is being worked on for a future release, but that was a short time around when the bug was closed.

I think it would be great to give this support back to federated tables as partitions are heavily used in analytics environments to improve performance and federated tables provide a very convenient and manageable view into data spread across multiple remote/local data sources. Not being able to bring a partitioned table into a federated schema for analytics is very much a handicap for using federated tables to begin with.

Cheers,
-.mag

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2007 01:37AM by Mark Garcia.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Roadmap for partition support of federated tables?
September 14, 2007 01:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.