MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

ERROR 1430... 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server
Posted by: Rob Blick
Date: November 16, 2005 11:41AM

Hey guys-
Anyone else seen this... after I create a federated connection, the remote server will tear down the connection after the wait_timeout expires on that server. The next time I query the federated table, I get the following error:

ERROR 1430 (HY000): There was a problem processing the query on the foreign data source. Data source error: ': 2013 : Lost connection to MySQL server during query'

If I immediately rerun the query, all is fine. What appears to be happening is that the client server (the server which has the CREATE TABLE ... ENGINE=FEDERATED on it) doesn't try to re-establish the connection with the remote server (the one w/ the federated table physically stored on it) before returning the error.

I've opened a bug on this guy (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=14874) but it has apparently gotten lost in "can't repeat" status (I added a more complete test case after it got bumped to "can't repeat"). While I'm waiting on it to bubble back up to the top of the bug queue - has anyone else seen this error, and if so, did you come up with a workaround?

Thanks!
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
ERROR 1430... 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server
November 16, 2005 11:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.