MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Partitioning and multiple threads
Posted by: Manish Nema
Date: March 29, 2011 05:26AM

Hi,
I am using MySQL for high transaction operation, wherein 100 millions records are inserted in one table which is having in sqlid as auto_increment key. A process which is having two threads, for sake of achieving parallelism, one thread picks up even number of records and other one picks up odd number of records (based on sqlid field) and process those records and deletes them if they are properly processed.

I want to scale this to more than two threads, to achieve this I thought of

1. Split the table into multiple partitions, say n partition based on some volume say each partition will have 10 million of records only.

if sqlid is the auto_increment field in record then

sqlid between x and x+1000000 will go into one partion and x+1000001 and x+2000000 will go into second partition

2. each thread will work on its own partition, thereby achieve parallelism with other threads.

I need help on both of the above two points

1. how to specify partition on auto_increament field, my challenge is that this table is heavily used in a day I have 100 millions of records inserted and deleted. So I need a way to specify RANGE in such a way that it falls into particular partition

2. Will MySQL support parallelism between partition

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Partitioning and multiple threads
March 29, 2011 05:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.