MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

1. No connection with Query Browser - 2. Shell ?
Posted by: Philippe
Date: February 07, 2005 08:18AM

1. I just downloaded and installed the Windows Essentials 4.1.9 version of MySQL and the Query Browser v.1.1.5 in their default configuration and options. I did not change any parameter, and my input was limited to a password. My OS is Windows XP.

When I use the MySQSL command line, I can connect without any problem. When I use the Query Browser, I cannot : I consistently get an "error 2003" message with the following parameters : server = localhost, user = root, password = (my password, guaranteed right because it works on the command line). The server does answer pings.

Could you help me finding out what is going wrong ?

2. When I use the command line, I am directly asked for my password, and I get then the "mysql>" prompt. If I type "quit", the window shuts down. How do I get the "shell>" prompt ?

Thanks a lot for helpîng a total newbie who did search this forum but could not find the answers !

Philippe

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
1. No connection with Query Browser - 2. Shell ?
February 07, 2005 08:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.