MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

Pretty != Better, comment on Query Browser
Posted by: Lance Rizzo
Date: March 06, 2005 12:57AM

When I moved from MS Sql Server to MySql, I was delighted with the functionality of Control Center. It frankly does many things better than MS Query Analyzer. It's not pretty in any manner at all, but it has great funtionality.

Move forward to Query Browser.

The MySql team has decided to overhaul the interface on the management tools, and congrats, you nailed Administrator! However, to deprecate Control Center and replace it with a tool with half the functionality is nuts. Rather than go into a rant, I'll just give one example:

There are those of us that need to build long scripts to accomplish long tasks (not uncommon). Well, the new tool doesn't take that VERY basic need into account. The "Script Tab" forces you to run the entire thing at once and the Resultset tab only takes one query at a time. Well, hmmmm, that sucks!

As it stands, it's a worthless tool for any database administrator with more than 3 months of database experience. Thank goodness Control Center still functions, even though you have to go to the graveyard to get it.

Does anyone know of a good third party tool that will continue to be developed and will provide the same functionality of Control Center?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Pretty != Better, comment on Query Browser
March 06, 2005 12:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.