MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Query Browser

GUI for stored procedures in MySQL?
Posted by: David Cooper
Date: March 24, 2005 04:49PM

Dear MySQL experts,

I have a website that is using MS SQL Server 2000 with ASP scripting. I want to switch over to MySQL, but I'm just sticking my toes in the water at the moment to see if it makes sense.

One of my favorites things about MS SQL is being able to use the Enterprise Manager as a GUI in constructing VIEWS that I later turn into stored procedures. EM makes it super simple to link tables and create a query. It basically writes the source code for you as you go and you can test run it interactively until you get the results you want. I then take the resultant source code and paste it into a stored procedure, which in turn is called by my website script. This allows a relative novice like me to manage a somewhat complex database structure.

My question is: does the MySQL GUI allow for the management of stored procedures in a similar manner? Can I create a view and just "cut-and-paste" the source into a dialog box that will then create the stored procedure for me? Does MySQL allow for the visual management of stored procedures within its GUI?

I truly appreciate your time and thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
--David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
GUI for stored procedures in MySQL?
March 24, 2005 04:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.