MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Posted by: Ferry Freubelaar
Date: September 03, 2007 03:31AM

I'm experiencing the same issue on my machine.
Running a XAMPP distribution on Windows XP Professional.
The MySQL is available when starting the mysql server deamon using the following command line
mysqld-nt.exe --skip-grant-tables

However i cannot connect to it when using it in a normal mode. I subsequently get the connection error for 'root'@'localhost' (using password: yes). I also tried to reset the root password and trying to flush-privileges first.
Niether did help resolve the issue.

I also cannot connect to the deamon using the MySQLAdmin windows application. It does not give me the server name.
I tried modifying the include file by setting the host to localhost or 127.0.0.1, but to no avail. If i set the include file not to use HTPP authentication, but to 'config' and specify the 'root' user and the accompanying password (or blank password after reset), this also gives an error when starting the PHPMyAdmin application (wrong user/password).

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanx,
Ferry

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
September 03, 2007 03:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.