MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Cannot Create Windows Service for MySQL. Error:0
Posted by: Neil Buchan
Date: July 02, 2009 09:37AM

I have tried all the above solutions yesterday re-installing about 8 times. Today (fresh start I said to myself) has been a bigger nightmare. I have installed Vista SP2 (just in case). Trawled through the registry and removed all references to MySQL Reinstalled (3 times). I have used my reg cleaner three times Reinstalled. I have removed the MySQL service (what tattered remains there was of it) using the command line (and in the registry) Reinstalled. I have downloaded the latest msi of MySQL and installed repeatedly with the same result.

I even tried installing the connector odbc thingy to no avail. Actually yesterday evening, I had installed step three successfully and it only hung on 'apply security settings'. Today has been one step back. There are no error files to look at BTW.

I had MySQL installed already on this drive in January successfully. Something tripped it up. Please help. I am not going to reinstall my OS

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
May 02, 2007 10:32AM
March 26, 2009 05:19PM
May 17, 2009 07:38AM
May 23, 2009 05:53AM
August 10, 2009 04:49AM
August 13, 2009 04:12AM
Re: Cannot Create Windows Service for MySQL. Error:0
July 02, 2009 09:37AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.