MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Can't change tmpdir
Posted by: Nat Herold
Date: September 14, 2008 12:17PM

Using MYSQL 5.0.51b-community-nt, Apache2 on a Windows XP

I've been trying to change the server's tmpdir: by changing the my.ini file directly & when that seems to make no difference by using the MYSQL Administrator (which just writes a new line to the my.ini file); no matter what I do, the tmpdir (& the slave_load_tmpdir) remains C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\. I am restarting the MYSQL server after each saved change: the .ini file maintains my change but the field for temporary file path in the MYSQL Administrator goes blank. Can anyone help explain what's going on?

(FYI: This is path I'm trying to set it to: C:\Program Files\MySQL\tmp -- I've tried it with forward slashes, backslashes, (& an ending slash) quotation marks and not....I've also tried putting a tmp file into the Server folder and using a relative path name. All on the chance that it's not the right format. Nada!)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't change tmpdir
September 14, 2008 12:17PM
September 26, 2008 12:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.