MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Posted by: Bob Macpherson
Date: February 01, 2007 10:29PM

It seems that Redhat isn't the only os with this problem. I've got exactly the same error with Mandriva 2007.

Like several others, I'm a complete novice when it comes to linux and am just trying to come to terms with it.

What is somewhat frustating is the fact that I can install and run the Windows version quite happily.

Again, like some other folks, I've tried the start mysql stuff and all I get is that it has started and immediatly stopped again.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. From memory I had the same problem with previous versions of MYSql with previous versions of Mandriva (Mandrake)

Bob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
January 08, 2009 02:01PM
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
February 01, 2007 10:29PM
April 15, 2009 11:56AM
October 21, 2009 06:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.