MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Access denied to 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
Posted by: Joshua DeVaul
Date: November 12, 2009 02:53PM

I have been getting this problem when I try to connect to MySQL. I have dont this a few times and tried to figure it out myself and still cant find a solution. I need mysql in order to install SAM2 broadcaster on my computer. The thing is, I have already downloaded SAM4 with mysql and it works just fine. Also, I am not completly sure if I have a password set. If i dont enter a password I get the access denied error, and if I enter the password that I beleive I made a long time ago, I get a different error.

No Password: Unable to connect to MySQL. Please make sure MySQL is installed AND running. Also Make sure you are using the correct MySQL login information.

> Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Password: Unable to connect to MySQL. Please make sure MySQL is installed AND running. Also Make sure you are using the correct MySQL login information.

> Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
> Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I installed MySQL 5.1 and it doesnt look like I can upgrade it anymore. I made sure that its not my firewall preventing it from doing anything. Which leaves me wondering what the heck is wrong. So I ask a fwe questions that may or may not help me out.
1.) Is there anyway to check if I have a password made, and if so, can I see what it is?
2.) Can someone show me how to get to the window that allows me to start and stop certain things. I have done it before to fix a problem with something else, but I do not remember how to get there.
3.) Could it just be the fact that I already have SAM4 working fine with mysql? I would uninstall it and install SAM2, but it means I would lose all the stuff I have done with SAM4, and there is no way to save it to someting else. So, I only wanna do that as a last resort.
4.) If there is any other way to fix this problem, PLEASE let me know. I would like to get it up and working as soon as I can. Thank You in advance. :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Access denied to 'root'@'localhost' (Using password: NO)
November 12, 2009 02:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.