MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Failed Install, MySQL 5.1, Windows Server 2003
Posted by: Fletcher Moody
Date: November 16, 2009 12:00AM

I have had the following experience in attempting to install MySQL on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server box.

I downloaded the latest MSI installer version of MySQL 5.1 and installed MySQL with a nondefault loction for datadir. The instance config seemed to run OK, no errors reported, however the service MySQL never starts.

On inspecting the err file, I found that the InnoDB engine never starts (myhosts table missing, mysql_update does not fix it), and the service experiences fatal errors.

I uninstalled MySQL, erased all folders, and resinstalled using the MSI installer. This time I left all the default choices as to locations alone. Now the server instance config fails to start the service.

So, any help is welcome. Searches on "myhosts table doesn't exist" do not turn up advice for Windows systems, that I can find.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Failed Install, MySQL 5.1, Windows Server 2003
November 16, 2009 12:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.