MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Deleting Server Instance Fails
Posted by: Patrick Skelton
Date: March 06, 2012 01:42PM

Hi,

Sorry for the detail in this. It is chunk to read through, I know.

I have just installed MYSQL and the Workbench using the Windows installer package on an XP Pro machine. During the install, the configuration of the database failed. I clicked retry. This still failed. I proceeded to the next step anyway and am now in the Workbench. There are two instances of the database I tried and failed to configure during the install, the second of which has the same name followed by '_1'. If I check in Services, only one of the databases ever manages to start when I reboot; the other permanently reports 'Starting'.

When I tried to delete the second '_1' instance in Workbench, this seemed to be successful; however, both SQL servers remain in Services and it still seems to be arbitrary which one manages to start.

How do I get rid of this spurious extra database instance?

I am a complete newbie with MySQL, so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind wishes, Patrick

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.