MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: mysql error #1064 with latest wamp install
Posted by: steph mc
Date: June 14, 2012 08:43PM

Hi Barry,

thank-you so much for your reply, and your assistance. As i spent 6 hours straight trying to fix the problem yesterday, iv had a sleep, and ready to give it another try.

Start | Run "services.msc"
Is MySQL listed? Is it running?

**** I did this, and listed in services is wampmysql, which im guessing is the same as mysql? and yes this service is running.

If it's running, can you login with mysql command line client?
Open a command line (a.k.a. a DOS prompt).
CD to the folder MySQL is installed into. The MySQL standard is C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.x\bin.
It could be differnt on your machine, you'll need to find it.

**** I found the files location, however, does it need to be a "bin" file? as im able to open an exe file located at C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.20\bin\mysql.exe - and upon opening I see a DOS like command statement box (black box, white text) which says

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection is 1
Server Version:5.5.20-log MySQL community server

(the the oracle copyright information is here)

type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+--------------------------+
Database
+---------------------------+
information_schema
test
+----------------------------+
2 rows in set <0.00sec>

so this is what iv found, but im a little unsure of what this tells me. does this mean i have to create the database with commands, rather than simply using the phpmyadmin?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.