MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Unable to install with 5.6.11.0.msi - license issues ....
Posted by: Peter Clark
Date: May 09, 2013 02:38AM

I am running Vista 64 bit and trying to install 6.6.11.0 using the windows installer.

I get message >>>
Dialog Title = "Convert Products"
"Thanks for installing a GPL edition of MySQL installer. We have detected that MySQL products under the Commercial license are installed. In order to proceed with this GPL installation these Commercial products need to be converted to a GPL license.

Please press [Yes] to automatically convert your Commercial products to GPL products.""

<<<

On pressing Yes I get >>>
Dialog Title = "Cannot convert products"
"The MySQL Installer package you downloaded does not contain the files needed to convert your Commercial products to the GPL license."
<<<

I am unaware of any commercial licenses of MySQL I have on my home PC. If there are then I'm guessing they would have been free trial downloads ???

As a non commercial user is there anyway I can install MySQL without having to re-format my hard drive ?

Kind Regards

Peter Clark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to install with 5.6.11.0.msi - license issues ....
May 09, 2013 02:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.