MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Server Error
Posted by: Kerim Morris
Date: July 13, 2013 10:19AM

Hi All,

I am very new to MySQL so please bare with me:

I have recently downloaded MySQL to my raspberry pi (running LINUX - Debian) as part of the LAMP stack to enable me to run it as a web server. Everything installed fine and up until now I have been getting used to the basics of MySQL.

When I booted the pi up this morning I noticed that I got a [FAIL] message when it tried to enable the MySQL server:

[FAIL] startpar: service(s) returned failure: mysql ... failed!

I then tried to run it manually using "mysql start" in the shell but I got the following message:

Failed to connect to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

As recommended on various forums I understand that I would not expect to find the mysqld.sock file until MySQL was actually running so I assume this is not too much of a problem. I have also looked at various suggestions regarding missing binary files but I don't want to go too far until I have some idea of what I am doing.

One final thing I did try was to uninstall "sudo apt-purge mysql-server php5-mysql" and then re-install it, however, this did not make any difference. I'm not sure whether I should have purged it from both the 'client' and 'server'.

I have been trying to sort this out all day so I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance

Kerim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Server Error
July 13, 2013 10:19AM
July 13, 2013 12:39PM
July 13, 2013 01:19PM
July 14, 2013 10:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.