MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: libstlport.so.1 missing on mysql 5.6.13 to Solaris 10 installation
Posted by: Bjørn Munch
Date: September 10, 2013 03:17AM

This is most likely not as bad as it looks at first sight.

libstlport.so.1 is not missing from the package. If you look closely at the error message you will notice that it's not the server itself which fails to start, it's the program my_safe_process. This is an auxiliary program which is only used internally by the mysql-test test runner.

While mysqld (the server) is linked against the bundled libstlport, my_safe_process will try to use libstlport from the path of the Sun Studio compiler where it was built. The library is identical but in a different path, which you won't have unless you have Sun Studio 12 installed.

If you try starting the server directly you should not have this problem. If you do want to run mysql-test, I think you can also solve it by setting an LD_LIBRARY_PATH that includes /usr/local/mysql-5.6.13-solaris10-sparc-64bit/lib .

my_safe_process should indeed also have been linked against the bundled libstlport, if indeed it needs that library at all.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: libstlport.so.1 missing on mysql 5.6.13 to Solaris 10 installation
September 10, 2013 03:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.