MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Error No. 1045 when installing MySQL for first time, PLEASE HELP
Posted by: Trevor Scott
Date: September 22, 2013 05:46PM

Hello all! This is my first post here and hopefully someone will help me get started on my SQL query journey. (Sorry if someone has already posted about this before, but from the ones that I saw that had a similar issue, they looked a bit more advanced install)

So I bought the book "Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes" and followed it's directions to install MySQL (filename was mysql-essential-6.0.11-alpha-winx64.msi). It's a basic install, I didn't modify any of the options and put a password on it. And then right when I click the Execute button, it passes the "Prepare Configuration", passes the "Write Configuration file", passes "Start Service", but then when it gets to "Apply Security Settings" it fails every time. I get the error message:

"ERROR Nr. 1045
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I did what the error message suggests and allow MySQL thru port 3306, but I still have the same issue. Also, I've tried installing this on my Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 64 bit systems and got the same errors. If anyone can help me with this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error No. 1045 when installing MySQL for first time, PLEASE HELP
September 22, 2013 05:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.