MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

MySQL Community Initial Config Failure
Posted by: Gregory Clayson
Date: September 25, 2013 10:32AM

I am having a problem with the MySQL-Installer-community-5.6.14.0. Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 64-bit, in admin account.
Developer Default –Visual Studio removed
Installation log MySQL Server: Install success
Initial Configuration
Development Machine
De-select ENABLE TCP/IP Networking (Local Host Only)
No advanced Options
Set Root password
No user accounts
Changed windows service name. Although I have done full uninstalls between attempts the system seems to retain at least the service name of the last attempt. I was surprised that there was no option not to install as a service.
Keep “start the MySQL …” selected
Run Windows Service as Standard System Account
Next window error
Unable to update security settings. Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
Found the posting
Posted by: Daniel P ()
Date: April 04, 2013 01:54PM where he stated if TCP was enabled the fault disappeared.
This is only a local host installation; I do not want any network/internet accessibility so I have no interest in enabling TCP/IP. The guide book I have mentioned a manual configuration executable “MySQLInstanceConfig.exe” that was not part of the bin file installation.
Has anyone solved this issue?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Community Initial Config Failure
September 25, 2013 10:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.