MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Can't install MySQL 5.6.10
Posted by: Joe Weinmunson
Date: November 07, 2013 04:42PM

We've been using MySQL 5.6.10 for a while at my workplace. My employer doesn't want to change to the newest version because everytime that happens we have to update documentation for our customers about where to find the files, what's the filename, what are all the steps to configure, etc. We've got a file on our system called mysql-installer-community-5.6.10.1.msi. When I try to run that now and get to the step where it's ready to install MySQL Server it pauses for a few seconds, then gives me a 404 Not Found error. This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

We have a different file saved on our network, mysql-5.6.10-win32.msi. That works fine and lets me install MySQL, BUT there's no way to configure the instance! The MySQL folder in Program Files used to contain an executable to configure instances, but it's just not in this build, so I have an installation of MySQL Server that I can't use. How should I proceed here?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't install MySQL 5.6.10
November 07, 2013 04:42PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.