MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

On Mac OSX Pref Pane Hangs when Home is external drive
Posted by: Nigel Smith
Date: November 18, 2013 04:34PM

I have installed 5.6.14 on Mac OSX. I have installed the startup item and preferences pane and made no modifications to my.cnf.
Mysql starts correctly on start up and I can stop / start it with mysql.server, /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM/MySQLCOM and the preferences pane.

However, I moved my Mac OS X Home folder to an external drive and now Preferences pane hangs after prompting for a password. Everything else seems to still work fine, but I am concerned there may be an issue that will come back and bite me later. I have looked through the files in the preferences Pane but cannot find any clue as to what the problem is.

I have moved my Home folder back and forth and also created a brand new user with home folder on the external drive and the problem is definitely associated to do with home being on the external drive.

Unfortunately I can't find any information on how preferences pane actually works to help me track down what the problem is.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
On Mac OSX Pref Pane Hangs when Home is external drive
November 18, 2013 04:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.