MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Can not log on after install
Posted by: Joe Luzanski
Date: February 05, 2014 10:58PM

This can be closed. There were multiple reasons for the problems experienced. Some were caused by MySQL's installer and others were introduced when I was scrambling to get things working.

In order to get the installer to work I had to remove everything MySQL from my machine. Normal uninstall was ineffective, third party uninstallers helped, but the end it's boots on the ground to get things cleaned up.

In this process I have lost data or it has become inaccessible to me. That will be the next adventure.

My biggest complaint is with the installer. Why hasn't the commercial vs community problem been cleaned up? Also it seems if even the smallest problem exists the installer will fail. It just dies and you can't get there from here. There should be an "I'll take my chances" option.

I've been able to re-install 5.1 and 5.5 but the installer will not let me install 5.6 so I'll have to do that manually.

Now in recovery mode it would be nice if I could recreate tables from the "frm" files.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
February 02, 2014 10:24PM
Re: Can not log on after install
February 05, 2014 10:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.