MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

5.6.16 msi install issues
Posted by: Rich Gosselin
Date: February 18, 2014 06:17PM

Process stalls after 'successful' update of MySQL Server 5.6.16 and does not continue with remaining 10 'to be upgraded' products. Dialog box advising error offers continue or quit choice. I took continue. Installation progress box then shows only one option, 'cancel' with remaining products 'to be...'

Version Upgrade from 5.6.10 to 5.6.16 on Dell 2950 with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. I keep this machine very up to date with all OS patches.

What is the suggested next action? Well, I took the next possible action and restarted the install. It went through the rest of the product installing them successfully.

HOWEVER....Server was not restarted after install. through service manager, attempted start, but windows could not find the service on this machine ???

Will next attempt to un-install then install entire msi package. This is the 256 meg package...not the skinny d/l one.

What is weird about this upgrade: Left all data files on G drive where they should be, but removed all other directories from G and placed them on C. The majority of the install ended up under the x86 folder, with only the new 'server' in the 64 bit programs folder. The server and supporting folders are now in different C folders...where they should all be in G as I had it.

There does not seem to be any option within the upgrade process to select where your install should be placed. Even when there is an existing install, it takes all the stuff from that (except the data and the

All I can do now is un-install everything and do a fresh install. Seems to be an issue with the MSI rather than MySQL...but not sure.

Rich

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 06:51PM by Rich Gosselin.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
5.6.16 msi install issues
February 18, 2014 06:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.