MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Windows 8 and .msi installer issues
Posted by: Merv Newell
Date: May 20, 2014 08:02AM

OK I'm having the same issue on 2 different Windows 8 server, On the first server it originally had 5.1 on it and we wantd to upgrade to 5.6 uninstalled 5.1 then installed 5.6, the other machine never had MySQL on it yet I end up with the same error in the same place. I'm running the .msi installer and everything seems to be running fine till I get to the configure overview screen. I run then installer do a custom install, select the items I want to install, everything installs correctly, including the database - clearly says the database intall was successful and the next screen is the configuration overview screen which should list the datbase to config but the overview shows NO items, so it doesn't config the datbase. Which means it never gets installed as a service and the my.ini file never gets created.
The site says its compatible with Windows 8 but there is clearly an installer issue here - what's the process for getting this working on Windows 8

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Windows 8 and .msi installer issues
May 20, 2014 08:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.