MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Schemas dissapear after upgrade from 5.6.20 -> 5.6.21
Posted by: Leith Tussing
Date: October 09, 2014 12:16PM

Windows 2012 R2 64bit
MySQL 64bit 5.6.20 upgrade to 5.6.21

System started as a new MySQL 5.6.x machine and we've been upgrading versions as security updates are released. The my.ini is as it was built from the initial installation, no custom changes besides commenting out "# no-beep" and defining tmpdir in the Workbench.

I did the upgrade using the Installer tool and by running the mysql-5.6.21-winx64.msi by itself but I get the same results. After installation completes I start the Windows service back up and try to log in. I knew something was up when MySQL Workbench started prompting me to my password when it was remembered. Once logged in the Schmeas section is empty except for the Test DB. Looking in the logs I find the following.

Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
2014-10-09 13:37:36 bac InnoDB: Warning: Using innodb_additional_mem_pool_size is DEPRECATED. This option may be removed in future releases, together with the option innodb_use_sys_malloc and with the InnoDB's internal memory allocator.
InnoDB: Using atomics to ref count buffer pool pages
InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functions
InnoDB: Memory barrier is not used
InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
InnoDB: Not using CPU crc32 instructions
InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 819.0M
InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
InnoDB: Highest supported file format is Barracuda.
InnoDB: 128 rollback segment(s) are active.
InnoDB: Waiting for purge to start
InnoDB: 5.6.21 started; log sequence number 1625977
Server hostname (bind-address): '*'; port: 4321
IPv6 is available.
- '::' resolves to '::';
Server socket created on IP: '::'.
Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
D:\Servers\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.6.21' socket: '' port: 4321 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
InnoDB: Cannot open table SchemaName/TableName from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html for how you can resolve the problem.
InnoDB: Cannot open table SchemaName/TableName from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html for how you can resolve the problem.
InnoDB: Cannot open table SchemaName/TableName from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/

That goes on for every table in every schema.

I tried running mysql_upgrade but I get the following error;
SchemaName.TableName
Error : Table 'SchemaName.TableName' doesn't exist

To test I copy & pasted the backup of the entire Data folder into the upgraded version and after starting the services it sees my DBs again and they're functional. However I don't feel like that's really the right thing to do. I reverted back to the entire previous version running under 5.6.20 until I can figure out what went wrong.

I went to the URL listed but nothign there seemed to relate to this.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Schemas dissapear after upgrade from 5.6.20 -> 5.6.21
October 09, 2014 12:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.