MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Install & Repo

Re: Unable to determine the products that correspond with that setup type.
Posted by: Phil Ellis
Date: February 07, 2015 07:47AM

Instead of posting me too and burying the answer in this archaic forum thread, I thought I'd elaborate on the solution to this problem as described by Jose above somewhere.

Basically run through the install and select whatever option you want it will basically indicate nothing is being installed, but hit execute and let it finish, it will end in seconds and seem like nothing happened.
Now find mysql installer in your program group and execute it, this should look different click on Catalog...
Click Execute
Click Finish (to those saying it still won't update as the package is newer that the downloaded one... no idea, sorry)
Now back at the installer screen click Add and add the individual components you need this is a custom install (at one point during this process I saw the development, server, etc options along with custom but selecting those still generated an error even after updating the catalog, but custom works fine)
Please don't post any more me too or that didn't work for me, no one is coming to help you solve this, maybe we can leave this near the bottom of the thread.
Or maybe OP can edit his op (if this software even allows that) to indicate a solution on my post. I can promise I'm never posting here again. Good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Unable to determine the products that correspond with that setup type.
February 07, 2015 07:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.